"Not 100 people in the United States hate the Roman Catholic Church, but millions hate what they mistakenly think the Roman Catholic Church is.” - - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Monday, September 5, 2011

One of My Favorite Prayers

O Jesus, I humbly implore you to grant your special graces to our family. May our home be a shrine of peace, purity, love, labor & faith. I beg you, Jesus, to protect & bless all of us, absent & present, living & dead.
O Mary, loving Mother of Jesus and our mother, pray to Jesus for our family, for all families of the world to guard the cradle of the newborn, the schools of the young & their vocations.
Blessed St. Joseph, holy guardian of Jesus & Mary, assist us by your prayers in all the necessities of life. Ask of Jesus that special grace which he granted to you, to watch over our home at the bed of the sick & dying, so that with Mary & with you, heaven may find our family unbroken in the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Amen.

I just love this prayer.  I love how it speaks to all 3 members of the Holy Family and the final request "Ask of Jesus that special grace which he granted to you, to watch over our home at the bed of the sick & dying, so that with Mary & with you, heaven may find our family unbroken in the Sacred Heart of Jesus." REALLY jumps out at me.  This reminds me everyday of not only my duty to work on getting myself to Heaven BUT also of my great responsibility of helping the rest of my family get there as well so we can all be TOGETHER with Jesus & the saints. I feel a dire need to pray that "heaven may find our family unbroken..." & I pray it finds yours there as well.  

Just thought I'd share!  Until the next time.

1 comment:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you.

Still praying for you and yours.

God bless.