"Not 100 people in the United States hate the Roman Catholic Church, but millions hate what they mistakenly think the Roman Catholic Church is.” - - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pope Leo

Allow me to explain why all of a sudden I will post multiple "Real Catholic TV" video blogs....due to my spending so much time at the hospital with my son, I get backed up on watching them day to day.  When I have some down time, I will sit & watch them in BACKWARDS order...I know, foolish...ha ha ha.  Each one is so moving to me, it usually makes me want to get up & yell about it from my front yard or something...he is speaking such clarity & truth & it is something THIS "asleep at the wheel Catholic" needs to keep my laser focus on my job as a Catholic.
Instead of posting yet another one of his video's I will post what he URGED us to read.  This is an encyclical from Pope Leo XIII called "Sapientiae Christianae" or "Christian Knowledge."  His brilliance ring as true today as they did for his contemporary audience.  I found it at The Vatican website.  Leo speaks to Catholic's who find themselves in a place where their governments have created immoral laws & he asks for all Catholic's to be brave & be willing to give EVERYTHING for what they know is intrinsically evil and immoral.  We must speak and act as Catholic's always first.  It is time for the people to be more than Catholic's in name.  Our current government  by forcing healthcare workers to perform the evil acts of abortion, to use our tax dollars to supply contraceptives and abortions, with lawful homosexual marriage, it has advanced the lifestyle into the mainstream making it all the harder to support & defend the traditional family (an institution already in ruin), embryonic stem cell research... having all of this protected and advanced by law somehow makes it morally acceptable to many. Leo calls for Catholics of his time to fight for morality, not to be afraid of speaking the truth.  It is why I write this blog.  I am inspired by the Voris', Fr. Barron's, and the amazing Catholic Bishop's who are daring to step out of the shadows to be an authoritarian voice for the Church.  We cannot be fearful, ashamed or remain stagnant about our faith because the government is working to take it away from us.  There has been talk of the a great "cleansing" of the Church that is coming...I think the time is closing in.  Help the Church!  Learn your faith then share it with others!  Read Leo!

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/leo_xiii/encyclicals/documents/hf_l-xiii_enc_10011890_sapientiae-christianae_en.html

No comments: