"Not 100 people in the United States hate the Roman Catholic Church, but millions hate what they mistakenly think the Roman Catholic Church is.” - - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

God bless ALL American's

As the religious CONTINUE to get beaten up by this administration...it got me thinking...we Catholic's are usually the glaring spotlight of intolerance on this topic...but I knew we weren't the ONLY ones, just he ones that the media loves to demonize...I found this article that highlight 16 major religious groups and their postions on same-sex marriage...as you will see MOST believe that MARRIAGE (NOT Civil UNIONS) should be protected by God. This topic is difficult for me because I have dear love for quite a few homosexuals and it is a topic that without FULL understanding of where the Catholic faith stands on this (something beyond "NO") so much offense is taken. I tred lightly on this topic because of how much deep seeded anger & hurt comes of it's discussion when not compassionately and truthfully explained. I pray for our country & ALL Americans that there can be a respectful solution for all involved and for all religions to remain intact and protected.    
 
 
I have supplied some information recently by the USCCB who clearly spent a great deal of time collecting the data to thoroughly expalin the Catholic's position on ths topic and WHY & I thought it was very thoughtfully done.  I will pull out some info from that in regard to this and do a follow up post.

No comments: